We are always looking for hardworking and compassionate people to join our team. If you’re interested in becoming part of our family, please review our openings listed below and submit your resume to the listed staff person.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
Position Summary / Duties and Responsibilities
The Community Engagement Manager supports, implements and coordinates communication and marketing initiatives that help the Ronald McDonald House of Tulsa position itself in the Tulsa community as a top-of-mind non-profit for potential guest families, volunteers, donors and Board members. Working for RMHC of Tulsa, this team member helps increase the understanding and support of business strategies, goals, brand awareness and key initiatives among the company’s various stakeholder groups. The Community Engagement Manager will participate in executing communication and marketing strategies by writing and editing emails, internal and external news stories, news releases, fact sheets, contributing new ideas to the overall creative process and being a brand ambassador.
The Community Engagement Manager will also assist in the day-to-day operations of the Volunteer Program at RMHC of Tulsa. The Community Engagement Manager provides house coverage to maintain daily functions at the House while adhering to all policies and procedures and supporting the organization’s mission. The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for coordination of all volunteer groups, and the administrative tasks that accompany coordinating this subsection of volunteers.
Job Requirements (included physical requirements if applicable)
- Provides community members with tours of RMHC of Tulsa
- Responsible for in-kind thank you emails and specifically engaging with Church, School, and Community groups to promote continued engagement with RMHC of Tulsa
- Includes but not limited to: front desk coverage to include answering the phone and doors, accepting in-kind and monetary donations, checking families in or out
- Manage social media channels; actively manage the House’s online reputation
- Write, edit and proofread content for e-newsletters, social media, websites, emails, digital signage, blogs and other communication vehicles as assigned
- Ensure strategic information and direction obtained from the marketing leadership team and other senior managers are incorporated into communication and marketing initiatives
- Continually track, measure, evaluate and report achievement of communication goals with a focus on recommending and incorporating improvements as appropriate
- Assist with other communication and marketing initiatives as needed
- Responsible for training new House Volunteers during shift hours
- Engaging with volunteers during shift hours including House Volunteers, Meal Volunteers, etc.
- Responds to all group interested to discuss options for how groups can get involved with RMHC of Tulsa
- Coordinates the RMHC of Tulsa Volunteer Calendar including scheduling for meal groups, donation drop offs, etc.
- Responsible for scheduling and confirming all dinner and Lunches with Love groups and monitoring when meal groups cancel/no show
Qualifications / Skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office experience
- Social media savvy
- Attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines while working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to make independent decisions, demonstrate leadership ability, and build relationships
- Must be comfortable working independently and as a team player
- Preference given to individual with experience in Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Preference given to individual with SEO knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in non-profit a plus
Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter to HR@rmhctulsa.org.